Frequently Asked Questions

What do I do if I smell gas?

DO – Open doors and windows to get rid of the gas
DO – Turn off the gas supply at the meter
DO – Check gas appliances to see if the gas has been left on unlit or that a pilot light is out
DO – Phone the emergency number 0800 002 001
DO NOT – Turn any electrical switches, including doorbells, on or off
DO NOT – use matches or light naked flames
DO NOT – smoke
DO NOT – leave it to someone else to call the emergency service.

If You Smell Gas Phone the Gas Emergency Service 0800 002 001.

Are grants or finance available to help install a new high-efficiency boiler?

Yes, very often we will be able to signpost you to grants and even help you complete the paperwork. Fusion Heating can offer householders 0% finance too. Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. We are a Credit Broker and not a Lender. We offer Credit Facilities from one Lender.

How often should I have my Boiler serviced?

We strongly recommended that your boiler be serviced annually. Your guarantee will become void if you don’t have your boiler (or any other fuel burning appliances such as cookers, hobs, gas fires etc) serviced annually, should the fault be one that would have been recognised in the normal annual service.

Who is legally allowed to service my Gas Appliances?

Legally, any person who undertakes to service either gas pipe work or associated appliances must be registered with Gas Safe. All Fusion engineers are fully trained and registered with Gas Safe and can present their identification badge on arrival at your premises.

If I rent out just one room of my own house to a lodger, do I need to obtain a Landlord’s Gas Safety Record?

Even if you rent out just one room in your property you need to obtain a Landlord’s Gas Safety Record, in accordance with the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998. This states that the landlord is responsible for any gas appliance or any installation pipe work which, directly or indirectly, serves the relevant premises and which either is installed in any part of the premises in which the landlord has an estate or interest, or is owned by the landlord or is under his control.